This blog reflects my deep interest in the different ways the various cultures and subcultures in this world conceive of the world and our lives within it. I was born in Asia, hold a UK passport, lived for most of my adult life in France, and now live in the US as a resident alien, working as a psychotherapist in private practice in San Francisco. Issues of cultural identity and displacement are very close to 'home' for me, and for many of my clients.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Whistled Languages

I'm posting a link here to an article about whistled languages, just because they're fascinating.
Whistled languages generally use whistles to imitate the tones of the spoken language, in ways that carry much further across distances.
Here's a Wikipedia explanation.
Whistled languages are found around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment